The Lochaber Graphite Property is located 30 km from the Ottawa-Gatineau area, and covers 2,300 acres. It was acquired on February 13th, 2012. See February 13, 2012 news release on the acquisition of Lochaber Graphite Property
The Lochaber Property had been the target of exploration in the early 1950′s and again in the 1980′s during which time an airborne survey (in report DP 83-05) was flown to further define targets. A strong, wide airborne conductor was discovered and a ground visit to the location revealed massive flake graphite. The property is located approximately 30 kilometers east of Ottawa-Gatineau, near a highway in a historic graphite mining district.
In a 1952 report it was reported that “trenches were bulldozed by Frobisher Exploration, stripping overburden of 3-18 inches perpendicular to the strike of the Graphite zone. 10 trenches were stripped every 50 feet for 550 feet of the zone. The graphite exposed ranged from 3 feet to over 10 feet in the last 150 feet of the zone. The graphite zone trends along a steep valley that has a strike of N85E.” The author visually estimated grades of 10% to 15% graphite. A pit 1,500 feet west of this zone exposed graphite bearing rock.
A government airborne electromagnetic-magnetic survey detected conductors on three lines, showing parallel zones to the one which was trenched.
All historical work is being compiled, prior to designing an exploration program using modern exploration methods.
1952 Historical Report on the Lochaber Property.
1984 Historical Report on the Lochaber Property.
*Please note that Historical Information is not NI 43-101 compliant.